The Saturday programme has a special theme: Igniting imagination: reading and writing as pleasure and play.
This day will be a celebration of experiences, offerings, ideas and creativity. It is aimed at a wide community of people involved with literacy, including parents, babies, children, teachers, librarians, NGOs, publishers, booksellers, artists, musicians, social workers, authors, actors, and early childhood practitioners. This day will be advertised to the general public.
You can submit one of two types of proposals for the Saturday programme:
- Stall or Installation: A stall or installation is a physical space where activities/exhibitions/displays/demonstrations involving books/materials/puppets/games etc. will be run or displayed throughout the day in the Baxter foyer. Stalls for commercial groups will cost R1000, and for NGOs R500, for the minimum space, which is 2m x 2m.
- Event: This is a once-off activity (between 30 minutes and 1 hour) that will take place on the programme in the Baxter Concert Hall or the Baxter Foyer. This can include storytelling, drama, poetry, music, demonstrations, interactive writing, talks, films etc.
Please submit your proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Name of presenter/s
- Name of institution
- Email address(es)
- Phone number
- Title of stall/installation/event
- Audio visual requirements
- Stall/Installation or Event
- Indicate the amount of space you need
- Intended audience
- Attach a 150 word outline explaining how your stall/installation or event ignites imagination and fosters reading and writing as pleasure and play.
For further information about submitting proposals for the Saturday programme please contact email@example.com
Submission of proposals deadline – 1 May 2015
Notification of acceptance – 1 June 2015